- Vertical, horizontal, diagonal, curved.
- Lines could be argued that they are the strongest and most important.
- If we have no lines then we have no shape, no shape means no form, no form means no texture and no texture means no pattern.
- Shape is the second most fundamental element.
- The shape needs to be in strong contrast with is surroundings, silhouette’s are a good example.
- 3 dimensional shape .
- Difference between light and shadows illustrate the depth of an object.
- Helps move your emotions.
- Light will help create texture, this can help your picture come alive.
- There are only two things to do with pattern. First you can either work with the pattern (emphasise) or you can break the pattern with a contrasting object.
- Colour is characterized by hue and saturation.
- Different colours send out different emotions.
- Warm colours: red, orange, pink
- Cold colours: blue, green, grey
- The are around the subject.
- Positive space means the subject is surrounded with other things (clutter).
- Negative space means the subject is surrounded with simple background elements e.g. ocean, sunset.
Rule of thirds:
This picture was taken from google.
Each section is a focus point.